Common Mistakes People Make When Choosing New Window Treatments
The right selection of window treatments not only make your windows look good but also enhance the entire look of the room. Besides, they are a perfect fit if you’re trying to filter out excessive light or increase your privacy.
However, to ensure that you get the most out of your window coverings, we suggest that you rely on the expertise of a professional. Often, people think that they can follow a DIY manual and save a couple of bucks. Unfortunately, in most cases, they end up making expensive mistakes that force them to shell out more money than if they had hired professional help the first time.
To help you avoid similar expensive errors, and get you the best available window coverings, we have compiled a list of the most common mistakes people make when choosing new window treatments.
1. Cutting costs and cutting quality. A lot of people consider price as the most fundamental factor when choosing the proper window coverings, thus compromising on the quality of the products. If you are going to be living in your current residence for an extensive period, choose a product that will last for that period or longer. If this is a temporary situation, the less expensive product may make more sense. Nevertheless, it is more cost effective to pick a treatment that will suit your needs and requirements even if it is a more expensive option than reinvesting in low-cost window coverings repeatedly.
2. Choosing the wrong window coverings. Another common mistake people make is selecting the wrong window coverings. Determine the purpose of the window coverings before you buy them. Is it for privacy, sun control, sound dampening, beautifying the room, or a combination of all of the above? Every single factor should be taken into account before a purchase is made.
3. Allowing others to influence your window coverings purchase. Remember this is your home! Do not let others affect your decision. Most times it is better to rely on a professional to assist with your judgments, remember your mother, sister, or a best friend will most likely have different ideas and tastes, but they do not live in your home. Everyone seems to know someone who has a "flair" for decorating but call in the professionals instead of asking known people.
4. Buying from a questionable retailer. Often, people buy from big box stores or basement operators thinking they are getting the best price possible. More often than not, these people find themselves talking to order takers and do not understand the proper information on the products they are purchasing. Many times you will discover that your local window-covering professional will offer a greater range of products at competitive pricing. Take the time to price compare before you make your final purchases.
5. Not taking post-sale services into account. Many people do not consider what happens after they make their purchase. What if they have a problem with their products? What is the warranty? Can it be repaired or does it have to be replaced? Who is responsible for additional costs that may occur such as freight, installation, etc.? If buying from a home or truck dealer, can they be secure and located in the event of a problem? Having positive answers to these questions will help you avoid unnecessary costs and protect your purchase.
6. Getting custom window treatments done yourself. Most blinds and shades are quite simple to install and can be done by just about anyone, but custom drapery treatments should always be fitted by professionals to ensure the drapery is dressed and hanging properly.
To avoid these mistakes, reach out to the experts at KNS Window Fashions, the best window treatment specialists in Leduc, Edmonton AB. You can trust us for all your shades, shutters and custom window coverings. We are a local family owned business and are proud of the first class service and custom window coverings and draperies we provide. For a complete list of our services, please click here. If you have any questions about window treatments, we would love to hear from you. Please click here to get in touch with is.